Sleep walking and doing stupid things — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sleep walking and doing stupid things

sleepy1
sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
edited March 2018 in Coffee lounge
Morning guys, I'm up early having slept most of the day and night in my nice warm bed (or did I?) woke up on the kitchen floor freezing cold with the microwave bleeping away but nothing in it.  Last week I woke up with a bottle of vitamin tabs in one hand and a fork in the other and tablets all over the bed and floor.
Often wake up with bruises and have no idea how I got them so getting a bit worried what I might do next.

Anyone else have these problems?

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    morning sleepy1. it sound like you need to talk to a doctor about it before you hurt yourself or worse!
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Thanks deb74, your right I do need to speak to my doctor about it, been putting it off because they are always so busy and not sure what they could do anyway.  If I did these stupid things whilst awake they would probably have me locked up on a mental ward.  Other than not sleeping (which is impossible) and removing any dangerous items (already done) don't see what else I can do!

Woke up one morning chomping on a mouthful of cotton buds, replaced them with alternative snacks next to my bed but for some unknown reason the sleepy me decided I needed to go to the kitchen get an unwashed folk to eat some pills out of a bottle instead of eating the chocs or crisps that I would have preferred given the choice, that were in arms reach........Bonkers
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear about this @sleepy1, it sounds like it must be quite a scary situation to be in at times! It would definitely be worth speaking to your GP about this so they're aware that it's happening, and they may be able to offer some suggestions too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.