Help and support for ESA assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help and support for ESA assessment

Ricko61 Member Posts: 3 Connected
Diagnosed Fibromyalgia 2004. Depression 1995. Lower back disc problems 1994. Stopped work 2004. On DLA. Was on ESA till failing medical twice & one tribunal. Put on JSA & a 2yr Work Plan(The Shaw Trust). Fibro worsened hugely in those 2yrs. Advised by my Work Advisor's at the Jobcentre & Shaw Trust to go back on ESA. Obviously I can't mention their names to the authorities. So I saw my GP, he signed me off for 2 months. I made all the relevant phone calls & went back on ESA. Then I found out that my 2 Advisor's had left & moved to different departments. So, after thinking I had them as 'secret' support, I'm all on my own to go thru this horrible medical etc again. My medical is this Saturday 24th March. My health has degenerated so badly the last 2 yrs, when I fail the medical again I don't think I can go thru Jobseekers again. They will have me applying for literally any job this time. I will be in & out of jobs, I can't do consecutive days, I can't even work 3hrs a day! I am dreading life. Has anyone got any advice for me on getting help/support? 


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ricko61 and welcome to the community. Sorry I've not been able to get back to you sooner.
    I am really struggling to know how to advise you on this, so rather than risk wasting any of your time or effort I have flagged it up to Admin and asked them to try to find the right person/people to help you.
    My very warmest best wishes to you,
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ricko61

    Good Evening & Welcome.

    I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

    Do you have a local CAB office where you would be able to get some help/advice????

    Please please let me know if you still have anymore problems????

    l will try to help you further with things if that would help ????
  • Ricko61
    Ricko61 Member Posts: 3 Connected
    Thanks Jenny's Dad & Steve 51. I went to CAB a couple of years ago and I'll never forget what the fella said as I was leaving the room.
    "Well Mr Wrixon, its time to go back to work!" 
    I was stunned!
     I did have support for a year in 2014/15 from Guinness Care & Support, they did say if I needed help again just contact them. I recently did, they promised to phone me back but never did.
    I feel as if I feel down a well & the rope was quickly pulled up before I could grab it.

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ricko61, and welcome to the community.

    So sorry to hear about your past experiences and what you've had to go through, and wishing you all the best for your upcoming assessment. Many of our community members have had similar experiences and will hopefully be able to offer some guidance. You may also like to check out this guidance on preparing for the assessment.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Rick

    Have a look at the B&W self test

    Have you thought about appling for PIP ?


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ricko61
    Ricko61 Member Posts: 3 Connected
    I have been on DLA for around 10yrs, I also receive HB. Thanks for sending the self test, I really struggle reading and concentrating these days, long questions like that are a nightmare but I had a go. Beginning to get butterflies in my stomach because of Saturday's medical. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.