Lost the PIP I was receiving, has criteria changed? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Lost the PIP I was receiving, has criteria changed?

sianeedy
sianeedy Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ive just lost my pip which I was getting for bipolar and fibromyalgia.
Has any criteria changed recently??
Appreciate any help

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,217 Disability Gamechanger
    hi sianeedy and welcome

Nothing has changed recently
    When did you receive you decision letter ?
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you asked for an MR ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,415 Disability Gamechanger
    @sianeedy, when when you filled I your form and had your accessment either you did not fit the descriptors which was either plainly obvious or the accessor put down false evidence, get a copy of your accessment report and if you can see evidence of false recording of your conditions then put in for a MR which has to be made 30 days from receiving your award letter. Good luck try CAB for advice.
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @sianeedy

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having with PIP. Have you applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration?

We have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on MRs. You may find the following video on mandatory reconsiderations of interest:

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do get in touch!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.