We're appealing PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

We're appealing PIP

rickandeileen Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently sat in with my husbands pip assessment and I am disgusted to say that the assessor a health care professional has lied in her report, we are retired nhs workers and find this unbelievable , we are going to report her but fear nothing will be done, we are going to appeal armed with medical evidence, this assessors actions make us ashamed to have been part of the nhs for 30yrs 


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rickandeileen, and welcome to the community!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your assessment experience. Unfortunately many of our members have had similar experiences, and I'm sure they'll be able to empathise and offer support.

    Do keep us updated with your appeal and let us know if we can be of any assistance. You may like to check out Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and also the DWP complaints procedure.
  • rickandeileen
    rickandeileen Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thankyou, I think we have to complain about the HP to the company that employs her 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    1. You have not stated if you have been told by DWP about the outcome of your husband's PIP assessment.
    2. If you have and disagree with the award.
    3. Then you have to seek a MR from the DWP, before you can instigate an Appeal, you have a month to seek an MR.
    4. I would suggest you both concentrate on this MR and deal with complaint about the HP at a later stage, there are no time limits on making such complaints.
    5. MR are usually a rubber stamping of the original decision and in my opinion are designed to put the claimant off.
    6. Appeals that appear before TfT Tribunal are having over 60 per cent success rates.
    7. I would also suggest you seek the assistance of a Welfare Rights Advisor/CAB Case Worker.
    Hope this helps and like you I come from a 30 year NHS background.

  • rickandeileen
    rickandeileen Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thankyou, we have had an MR refusal and will seek the assistance of a welfare rights officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.