Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I AM INCENSED
I am so angry I want to cry, scream and shout the house down. My younger brother suffered a major stroke 18 months ago, although he is paralysed down one side, some bright spark gave him a manual wheelchair, they also decided to house him in a bungalow not suitable for disabled people, consequently he can't have a mobility scooter., so he is marooned and isolated. To add insult to injury the door to his bunglow is automatic, it stopped working so a contractor was sent to repair it, whilst he was there he asked my brother if he was drunk I am beyond angry, my lovely handsome brother has been left cruelly dusabled in the prime of his life, he can speak six languages, and some idiot asks him if he's drunk. Oh the indignity, he suffers on a daily basis, he smokes 3 or 4 roll ups per day, so in the morning the carer puts his jacket on for him, but then he has to stay in his coat all day I feel so sad for him, I can't help or protect him as I live 350 miles away from him - surely this is not the way disabled people should be treated. Lastly he has no family network as my elderly parents live 100's of miles away, although they do all they can for hin...Sorry I just had to vent my spleen.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.