Tribunal day — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal day

rhino1
rhino1 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi everybody.   Opinions please on attending my tribunal shortly. I generally use my motability scooter so am I best to show my struggles on crutches on the day or just use the scooter for ease.  Many thanks Rhino1

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    What would you do normally?

Perhaps use both?
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not sure, if you can get there safely in the scooter but maybe the crutches in the centre.
    readlly depends on how you are feeling that day but be yourself on a bad day, they need to see you at your worst.
    if not they will think your managing.
    im sure Cockenrebel could help?
  • rhino1
    Many thanks Susan48 and Jerph. The nerves, I think, are beginning to get the better of me! Having waited almost a year for the tribunal meeting it has been a stressful time, and I am now going towards crutches. Roll on next Wednesday when it is all done! Thanks again. Best regards Rhino1
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi rhino

Crutches or scooter ?
    How far can you walk with your crutches ?
    What rate of mobility are you trying to claim ?

12. Moving around.
    12 a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points
    12 b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points
    12 c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points
    12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points
    12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points
    12 f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, �(i) stand; or (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rhino1
    Hi CR. I have been awarded 12d but think 12e is more appropriate. I wear a surgical boot which is needed and two crutches due to a failed ankle fusion.  20 metres is outside of my limitations but doing it once would show the issues I face I think, whereas the scooter doesn't.  Thanks again for your help. Kind regards Rhino1.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.