Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
my disabled daughter with learning difficulties,attends college and has a health care plan where it used to be statement of education needs, and has to register each year, during the summer holiday she is charged rent for being a non dependent, which takes so long to sort out I end up in rent arrears, being told she shouldn’t have to pay, and another person saying she needs to pay rent, I’m so confused, she is claiming high rate dla & mobility, also esa, please can someone advise me as each time I have spoken with housing benefits they have never given me a straight answer and hundreds of pages to read through that none of it makes sense.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.