Hi, my name is mezza91! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is mezza91!

Hi I'm just wondering if anybody could help me as I need some advice. I haven't been able to work since November 2016 due to depression, anxiety and emotionally unstable personality disorder I had my assessment for esa in June 2017 and was put into the support group of the contribution based esa, the following month I was awarded high daily living component of pip. After recently looking at all of it in really confused about the disability premiums basic, sever, enhanced, with esa as their are so many conflicting stories out their whether imentitled to it theirs are some saying you have to be on income related to qualify, other parts it says you have to be out of work for a year and other saying if you don't claim careers allowance which I don't and receive the high daily live rate you qualify, my registered person phoned up yesterday to speak to esa and the woman advised me to fill out a form online which I did with my registered person and they asked question whether I lived alone which I don't, am I in receipt of careers allowance which I don't do I get high rate of dailiy living for pip  which I do is parnter registers blind he is not and that was it. If I didn't qualify why didn't she tell me on the phone that I didn't and not have me fill out the form as if it doesn't apply to contribution surely it's in their database?or do you still get it for contribution or being out of work 12 months?  She said I would hear back in the post in the next couple of days so I'm just a little bit confused can anyone help thanks. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.