PIP Assessment - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

Options
12346»

Comments

• ash5896
    ash5896 Community member Posts: 148 Pioneering
    Options
    I wish you well with your MR
    i was one of the lucky ones and got the result I wanted after the MR process.
    so there is hope
    Thanks lillybelle and well done for getting the result you needed. I have an appt with CAB on the 14th so hopefully will help me. Did you do this in writing or over the phone?
    I’m also going to make a complaint to the NMC about the nurse and her lies as there’s no way a nurse should be lying and making fictitious reports. 
    Ash 
  • ash5896
    Options
    @ash5896 it runs from the date on the letter. 
    Thank you mike. Does it mean that I need to get all the additional evidence to them within the 28 days or I just make them aware that I’ll be asking for a reconsideration?
    Ash 
  • ash5896
    Options
    Just had my MR decision through and it’s been changed from standard to enhanced for both. Thank you again for everyone who has advised me on the process and answered my questions.
    the length of the ward has been increased whereas before it was 2 years it is  now 3 years. I feel that should’ve been for longer as my disabilities are getting worse as I’m getting older. 
    I’m  not sure if I can appeal the length of the award though so need to look into that now as I don’t really want to go through all this again.
    thank you again everyone for your help and advice.
    Ash 
  • ash5896
    Options
    The way to challenge the length of the award is to ask them to look at it again and to identify the piece of evidence upon which they’re reliant which suggested to them that 3 years was appropriate. However, you’re effectively asking for the award to be looked at again so maybe get adv8ce before you do so.
    Thanks Mike

Will this have to be through DWP first or do I just go the appeals process?
    Ash 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.