Can I get registered as a disabled person?
I hope you’re all well and please let me know if this is the wrong forum for posting my question.
I am a male and
approaching 50 years of age. I was born
with a whole host of problems:
Right Convergent Strabismus
Deformity Of Right Foot
Operation for Squint
I have live with all this since birth. However, because my parents had emigrated to England and had language problems, it was never considered that I should be registered as disabled.
I know a lot of you may think it's a bit too late in the day now, but could I get registered as a disabled person? Who can I contact to get more information on this?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments