Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

ourbilly
ourbilly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My daughter is  registered  with mental disability  and just last year  got pip  but we received a form to fill in  for her to claim again just when you  think you have got it sorted  they go and put a spanner  Inn the works she has had  mobility  payments from child hood   will she have to go for  a face to face medical or not as she gets really panicky  when she has to  speak to  strangers 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Im not sure but think possibly.
    I had my first f2f last year after 2years without any.
    Id contact CAB or ask her mental health professional to help fill the forms in. 
    Sorry I can’t give you a proper answer 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ourbilly and welcome

Everyone that claims PIP is subject to review or reassessment and in many cases a f2f is required.
    PIP is a test of functionality and the assessment is just about how functionality is affected it is not a medical.

It is always a good idea to get trained help with the forms whether it is a review form or a new application

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I suffer with mental health issues , I was on DLA then had to applie for pip , was denied but I appealed , and won. See your gp I have a well being support worker . And have many health issues. Good luck .
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome and you will find help here. Having support from the professionals will really help your daughter with her f2f and any paperwork. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.