Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

ourbilly
ourbilly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My daughter is  registered  with mental disability  and just last year  got pip  but we received a form to fill in  for her to claim again just when you  think you have got it sorted  they go and put a spanner  Inn the works she has had  mobility  payments from child hood   will she have to go for  a face to face medical or not as she gets really panicky  when she has to  speak to  strangers 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Im not sure but think possibly.
    I had my first f2f last year after 2years without any.
    Id contact CAB or ask her mental health professional to help fill the forms in. 
    Sorry I can’t give you a proper answer 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ourbilly and welcome

Everyone that claims PIP is subject to review or reassessment and in many cases a f2f is required.
    PIP is a test of functionality and the assessment is just about how functionality is affected it is not a medical.

It is always a good idea to get trained help with the forms whether it is a review form or a new application

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I suffer with mental health issues , I was on DLA then had to applie for pip , was denied but I appealed , and won. See your gp I have a well being support worker . And have many health issues. Good luck .
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome and you will find help here. Having support from the professionals will really help your daughter with her f2f and any paperwork. 

Brightness