request for information on how to obtain text phone — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

request for information on how to obtain text phone

Options
jays712
jays712 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello, Scope community this is Jonathan here - username jays712 - I posted over the weekend for advice on entering the world of work.  Now I want to know how I would go about obtaining a text phone.  I need it to contact employers.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jays712
    If you have a google of text phones, you can buy them online for between £20-30 I believe.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    @Andy_Assistive and @Ryan_Assistive can you help any further?
    Scope
  • Andy_Scope
    Andy_Scope Scope Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @jays712
    are you looking for landline or mobile phones?

• jays712
    Options
    I think I am looking for a landline text phone but I want to keep the normal landline as well for use by other people
  • Andy_Scope
    Andy_Scope Scope Posts: 47 Courageous
    Options
    Hi
    I've done a trawl and it appears that BT have stopped doing their textphone. the options that I have located are Uniphone 1150 which is available from Action on Hearing Loss and Connevans web sites costs about £310 +VAT. [Connevans have an ex-demo unit currently at £235]. the other option would be the Geemarc Voice to text App and V2T10 interface which is about £100 and you can then connect from a tablet or Android phone.
    If you are job seeking it might be worth asking JobCentre Plus about any support that they can provide in your search and Access to Work once you have an offer / work trial.
  • jays712
    Options
    Thanks for the info Alex I went to JobCentre Plus on Tuesday and left my email for the disability employment adviser to get in touch to arrange an interview.  I await his email.  Best wishes jays712
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @jays712
    Did you hear back from the job centre about this?
    Scope
  • jays712
    Options
    No the job centre disability employment adviser didn't get back to me.  I have an interview with the Starting Line team at Scope next Thursday afternoon.  I think it is with Garry Ursin.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.