Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Finding a job

ericwattsericwatts Member Posts: 10 Listener
edited April 2018 in Employment and careers
hi I am 57 year old have two worn out knee cant walk foor 100 yart den I nead to sit down
have fiberlogia and a loos disk in mine back mo I am try ro find a jop and looking foor help last year mine exbas got ritof me pay me out whit a year salary nou I bean to the jop center in sout Hampton day revuse to help me be cos I am not glaming enny benevits nou sorry I find dat discrimation to the disabelt ho are not glamine anny benenfit is not normal to not help you whit finding a jop


  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ericwatts, and welcome to the community! 

    Thanks for sharing this with us, and sorry to hear about your experiences. You mention that you're not claiming any benefits, is this something you would be interested in doing?

    You may also be interested in Scope's Support to Work scheme, our new employment service for disabled people. 
  • ericwattsericwatts Member Posts: 10 Listener
    no I have try dat becos I got a year salary and mine wife work part tim day wont giff iht to ma last year I a plyd foor p.i.p day ware no help d tal mine docker road dem a letter to tel dem hou bad mine mobility is have two worn out knee the caris is toly gan zo iht is boon one boon day just say dat me and the dockter was liying 

  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @ericwatts
    PIP is a non means tested benefit for disabled people and you can claim this whatever your household income.

    There is a PIP self test here to see if you could be entitled to it.
    Senior online community officer
  • ericwattsericwatts Member Posts: 10 Listener
    I dit try to claim and day dit not gif iht to me I have sever afritus in the knee boof nkee are wornt out have fiberlogia day say I gan walk 200 yart no I gan not walk dat lan 50 yart den sti douwn foor 5 mine den walk one 50 yarts I havea loos disk in mine back mine docter road dem a letter a medical leter dat mine bobilty is ferry bad day stil revuse to giff iht nou I am look foor a jop wat is gowing to be ferr hart gant not stan foor lang time nead a siting down job I am 56 year old disabelt no 1 ever go to giff me a jop nou I wil claim wen I am 10 feed under the ground den I maY GET IHT I work all mine live is the ferst time I ask foor help of the coverment iht s like I ame make king iht all up dat I have all medical letter and proof of min disbeilti I eefen have a disable parkin perment wat do help me a lot
  • Donisha_scopeDonisha_scope Scope Support to Work service Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi @ericwatts,

    In regards to finding employment, Scope's Support to Work service is a good starting place. 

    It offers 12 weeks of digital employment support with CV and cover letter writing, assistance with job application forms and interview practice.

    If you would like more information on the service or would like to register, you can fill out an online referral form on https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/employment/support-work or can call us on 0300 222 5742. 

    Kind regards,


    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately lots of people are turned down for PIP but there is a lot of support on our site about appealing a PIP decision, (this generally needs to be done within 30 days of receiving the decision) or how to reapply.

    As Donisha says above, you might also like to find out more about the Support to Work service.

    Let us know how we can help :)
    Senior online community officer
  • ericwattsericwatts Member Posts: 10 Listener
    well I sent a letter of foor a tribunal was 3 mont a go stil haven hear anny think the coverment don't help ad ta reale
Sign in or join us to comment.