Moving and esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving and esa assessment

Options
angie610m
angie610m Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
Hi,

Only this could happen to me.  I have been awaiting for a home assessment for esa since Aug 2017.  However, I was a victim of DV in Aug 2017 also.  I was told my home assessment would be Nov 2017 at latest.  I am moving due to the DV.  My MP as been aware of my circumstances, and been chasing up an appointment.  I have signed for a property today.  Moving in 14th April.  Only to receive an email today that I am to have my assessment at my current address on 16th April.  And it is Friday... can I sort this out? So stressed!

Many thanks.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi angie
    Im not an expert but would advise you to inform both DWP and your assessment company in writing of this move.By all means telephone first but make sure you follow this with a signed for letter and keep copies of everything.You are allowed by law to request a change of appointment but you can only do this once.
    Make sure you have someone with you at your face to face.Good luck 
       Debsidoo.x

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi angie

Yes you can sort it out. You can rearrange one appointment. You need to ring the assessment company asap and explain the situation, have your diary with you so that you can arrange a date that is convenient to you. You do need to tell the DWP your new address, ring them and also send a letter confirming your new address

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.