Moving and esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Moving and esa assessment


Only this could happen to me.  I have been awaiting for a home assessment for esa since Aug 2017.  However, I was a victim of DV in Aug 2017 also.  I was told my home assessment would be Nov 2017 at latest.  I am moving due to the DV.  My MP as been aware of my circumstances, and been chasing up an appointment.  I have signed for a property today.  Moving in 14th April.  Only to receive an email today that I am to have my assessment at my current address on 16th April.  And it is Friday... can I sort this out? So stressed!

Many thanks.


  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi angie
    Im not an expert but would advise you to inform both DWP and your assessment company in writing of this move.By all means telephone first but make sure you follow this with a signed for letter and keep copies of everything.You are allowed by law to request a change of appointment but you can only do this once.
    Make sure you have someone with you at your face to face.Good luck 

  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi angie

    Yes you can sort it out. You can rearrange one appointment. You need to ring the assessment company asap and explain the situation, have your diary with you so that you can arrange a date that is convenient to you. You do need to tell the DWP your new address, ring them and also send a letter confirming your new address

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.