My health has worsened, could my PIP change? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

My health has worsened, could my PIP change?

busylizzy Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everybody


  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,154 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @busylizzy

    Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

    Please please have a good look around.

    If there is anything that I can help/support you with please please let me know.
  • busylizzy
    busylizzy Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi. I have already been in receipt of pip last couple years. 
    I recieved the personal and dressin award. Nithing fir mbility. 6 minths ago i was very much in pain. I waz eventualky diagnosed with fybramalgeria abd sleep apnea. 
    My mind is terrible forgetting a lot of thing. My carer has let dwp know about dramatic change in health. Do you think they will give me some mobility. All my inhalers have been hivhered up as i keep getting out of breath. I have also had a goid few falks. Think might be medication side effects. 
    And top it off i have eccentric tremor in right hand which im waiting for furthur investigation. 
    Im falling apart and need help with mobility. Anybody help or have biews. Thanksx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @busylizzy and a very warm welcome to you. I am sorry to read you are in such difficulties and hope that we will be able to help. I'm not qualified to advise on PIP, but we have some excellent people here who are and who will be in touch with you as soon as your message filters through to them. It might be a little slower, being a weekend, but they're usually pretty quick off the mark.
    We have many fibromyalgia sufferers here - a lot of people for you to meet and who will relate to what you are going through. Many of the conversations about it take place in the 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread here and I'm going to tag a handful of people in here who have commented on such posts and may come back to you. :smile:@PippaScope, @poskit16k, @Anth, and @debbiedo49
    Between us I hope we will be able to be of help to you.
    Stay in touch and take care,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi busylizzie and welcome

    Have a look at the B&W self test

    You are not required to walk pain free but any pain that restricts the distance that you can walk should be taken into account.

    Specifically for the Moving Around activity, if you are able to walk but you are in severe pain when doing so, then you can argue that your walking is not to a necessary standard and should be disregarded.

    The legal test requires you to stand and then move (walk), so if you have problems getting up then you should document these as well.

    If you walk slowly then it must take you at least twice the time to cover the 20m as a healthy person would, this could be down to the speed of your walking but could also be the result of having to stop.

    You must be able to repeat the distance, so if you could walk it once but not then be able to walk it again within a reasonable timescale then you should be classed as unable to repeat the activity.


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Anth
    Anth Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Welcome busylizzie, I have Fibro changed so much for me too..can't do a quarter of what I used to..
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Senior online community officer


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.