Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Am I disabled or just sick?
I was 24 and was diagnosed with phsudo hallucinations. It was brought on by stress. There is no cure. It is not degenerative and it is a tell tale sign if I am stressed or not as it gets better or worse dependant on what I am feeling. I also was diagnosed with depression a year later. I have been struggling mentally and not living in the press the present moment . I am now going through a nervous breakdown at 32 .Kept my same job for 15 years and I have a 2 year old. Think they are getting fed up with my absence due to physical sickness caused by the breakdown. Am I disabled or am I just sick? Ty xx
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.