Nerve pain throughout my leg — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nerve pain throughout my leg

Options
codman1b
codman1b Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi having a lot of pain in my leg.I severed my femoral artery with a saw when cutting logs and because of neurological injury am now mostly in a wheel chair the slightest bump in the road can cause my leg to tighten like a snake is crushing my leg is there any way i can take the shock off my leg the pot hole's in every road are killing me? And what type of device well help keep my other leg strong i all ready use a ele power cycle which helps a bit but is painful to use.Thanks any help and i would be most great full.   

Comments

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @codman1b, you idiot  :) (power tools eh)  I have lots of leg cramps that have me screaming with pain whilst not going anywhere. Neurological problems are very much misunderstood unless you have one and its still a case of nobody really knows what is happening.

I am not in any way a medical practitioner but if this problem is just happening when you go over a bump could it be spinal/nerve related.

Can you afford a helicopter to get you from A to B  :)

• codman1b
    codman1b Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yep that's what i am. Should have listened to my ex partner she said you have done enough logs for today and i just had to do 1 more lol Still i got to be a legend at the Hospital as the man who lost so much blood and lived + as i was on death's door. a young nice looking overworked nurse over dosed me with morphine and stopped my heart should have been game over they all said. But i am still here fighting with the pain. Thought i would be up and running after a year or 2.Wish i could afford a helicopter. Might have a few problem's getting in it like. But would die trying lol Thanks for the reply Sleepy1   
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey Mr legend pain is just all in the mind apparently, my job adviser asked me what job I could do, told her I would make a very good secret agent because I had a lot of experience of being tortured and had a good pain threshold. No jobs fitted that criteria at the time.
    I thought the same as you things will get better and it is so annoying when they don't, but we must plod on dreaming  they might X

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.