Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Pip and getting help from other agencies
I’m a bit gutted after receiving a letter about my pip appeal recently. I couldn’t really digest it properly as it makes my brain spin with anxiety. I got help from the money advice team from the council who sent me the paperwork for them to deal with the whole process on my behalf. So they sent away the appeal letter for me. The letter I’ve received back says they have my paperwork which arrived late and so other parties have 28 days to object to my appeal . It’s hard to fathom why, when you ask an agency for help and they may have sent my aperwork back late, that I could lose my fight to appeal. I am going to contract the money advice team tomorrow and ask what happened and what can I do. It’s horrible.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.