Need a blue badge but only have standard PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need a blue badge but only have standard PIP

Options
2»

Comments

• stay_positive
    stay_positive Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Options
    I received my award today , scored 12 points mobility , so I get free road tax and can get it refunded from Last December , I have to apply for a blue badge which I will be doing , just trying to fine some documents to send in with the application .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I received my award today , scored 12 points mobility , so I get free road tax and can get it refunded from Last December , I have to apply for a blue badge which I will be doing , just trying to fine some documents to send in with the application .

For the Blue badge did you score at least 8 points in the moving around part? If you did then you don't need to send any documents, other than a copy of your PIP award because you'll automatically be entitled to the BB.

For your car tax (VED) you will need to take all your documents, including your certificate of entitlement which should have been included in your decision letter to your local post office. They will then do everything for you and send off the V5C (log book) to DVLA because the taxation class will need to be changed to disabled. It will be backdated to the start of your PIP award.
    Full details of what you need to take to your post office are here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stay_positive
    Options
    Poppy I scored 12 points in the mobility part (planning and following a journey) moving around scored 0. So I've sent all the information in . We got the free road tax, did it at the post office so now have a year of free road tax. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah ok that means you don't automatically qualify for the BB. Sending evidence to support your claim is correct. You may need an assessment too before a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    You will need good evidence of planning and following a journey.
    My experience of the assessment process is that it is harsh. My wife tried a few times but failed miserably despite being awarded Attendance Allowance at the highest rate primarily for not being able to mobilise well in the home. You will have to convince the assessor visually what your issues are, how they affect you and what you do to compensate for them.
    Good Luck
  • stay_positive
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You will need good evidence of planning and following a journey.
    My experience of the assessment process is that it is harsh. My wife tried a few times but failed miserably despite being awarded Attendance Allowance at the highest rate primarily for not being able to mobilise well in the home. You will have to convince the assessor visually what your issues are, how they affect you and what you do to compensate for them.
    Good Luck
    I'll have to see , because my award is based on other issues such as not being able to have face to face assessments , and not able to make eye contact . I also have a support nurse who knows I have agoraphobia and I put her down as first contact, I had terrible anxiety during my tests for cancer and my MRI scan had to cancelled because I couldn't go in the machine I couldn't breath , so they did a CT scan instead and I had a panic attack during that too  but I got through it , and I am still here , but the cancer diagnosis stole the little bit of confidence I had , now I need to be close to home or close to the car , its  a safe place for me . We we parked on the side of the road and a bin truck was coming down the road, my husband had to back out and move because I was panicking in case we got stuck . It sounds very silly , but if I feel trapped it causes anxiety . I put all this down on the application form for the blue badge .

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.