Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Looking for groups and respite care in South Staffs.
My husband is 59 & has CP but he's also had two mini strokes in the last few years. He is a wheelchair user & I have been his carer since we married 32 years ago. His condition especially his mobility has worsened probably due to the strokes and age related and sadly we're looking for the first time into respite care. But we're also looking for any groups in the area that we could join. We live in South Staffs approx. 5 miles from Wolverhampton and we're having no luck finding anything useful and were hoping some of you might have some suggestions or even come from or know our area. Thank you in advance.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.