Transfer from DLA To PiP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transfer from DLA To PiP

Options
JCTaylor
JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Jannette
Today  at 10.30 this morning Monday 16th April 2018, I had my face to face at my home with PIP.
It has taken me till now to process everything he asked me. Because when he called this morning I was still recovering from medication I had taken prior to going to bed night before. The meds make me drowsy and tired from pain.

I couldn't believe the answer he gave for the reason they come out to you to your home do face to face. when after I said I had sent in all paper work I had regards my medical conditions. Basically the guy said the medical evidence you send them with PiP form you fill in return to them they could be anybodies medical records evidance, that's why come out to check you are that person and medical records evidance are yours, also had to show him my passport as evidence and letter they sent. Also said medical evidence dosent prove or explain how it affects you on daily bases. Even thou the PiP form you fill out asks you how does your condition affect your daily life. By the time guy had finished the interview I was upset and in tears. And still am.

He said it would take more than 4 weeks before I get decision in mean time I would still recieve my DLA. He first has to right up his report based on the face to face interview then sends it up to decision makers who will look at his report upon which they make decision. I'm not holding my breathe because they are not treating everybody fairly they either reduce your money or stop it all together then you have to take it to tribunal to get there decision over turned. 

I hope this helps others to prepare themselves for face to face interviews. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jannette

Well done on getting through your f2f

Give it a couple of days then ring the DWP for a copy of the assessors report.

Not sure what to make of the comments fromyour HCP, but I have given up trying to predict the outcome of assessments

Please let us know how you get on

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @JCTaylor

Assessments can be very emotionally draining, i'm really sorry that you had an upsetting experience. Have you been able to talk to someone and get some support?
  • AlexandriaUK
    AlexandriaUK Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Hi JC at least it's over and you can hopefully get back on track to feeling at least slightly better.
    Not being completely coherent at the time he arrived probably left you feeling bemused but yes he was right to explain why he needed to see your passport or driving license and your letter regarding the F2F to make sure it's you making the claim, without this you could be anyone including a person who has access to your home ie a lodger or friend or even sadly a member of your family, it does and has happened.
    I would wait till next week to ask for a copy of your assessment report, this will give you a good idea of how it went, might save you from some distress

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.