Becoming self-employed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Becoming self-employed

Options
Calliope6
Calliope6 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in Work and employment
Hello there! I have always been involved in community organising on a voluntary basis. I am now interested to set up a working not for profit health organisation helping people find /refind their centre in order to navigate through difficult times... like a health diagnosis, or a loss in physical circumstances. I have been working health stuff and illness or 20 years, breast cancer for the last 14 long years. I still work with breast cancer. Sometimes I am totally incapacitated and weak. I have a large amount of tumours that bleed and restrict my movement etc etc. But I also have drive and optimism. I would love to come off some benefits... and run a part time company, but am also terrified of doing this in case I lose my benefits and then am too ill. I am looking for some hardcore advice so I can be fully informed of any ramifications of setting up a CIC business account and applying for funding to create some community projects. I was wondering if anyone on here has any advice or has done this?
Love and Empowerment for your days
Calliope 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.