PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Overdue backpay from DWP

Lola68Lola68 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Iam in desperate need ov some advice  abt the dwp. Regrding  backpay ov sdp, iam owed, ihave been fobbed off since november 2017.an theyve said, yes they do owe me the arrears. I broke down on fone yesterday, was promised a call back an nothing up to yet. This is the 4th time I've been fobbed off in 4 weeks

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,258 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lola and welcome

Probably time to get advice from CAB or similar

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear you are having such a rough time @Lola68

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Okay, so you’re owed SDP. What’s your evidence for that? Do you have something in writing? Do you have any idea how much? What makes you think it’s “overdue” as opposed to taking a long time to calculate because perhaps other imfirmation is needed?

Contacting DWP on the phone for things like this is largely a waste of time. You could well be talking to someone in an outsourced call centre run by a private company. The depth of what they can tell you may well be limited. Better to put it in writing and keep a copy. 

Only with answers to the questions above will anyone be able to comment further.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lola68

How are you getting on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lola68Lola68 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, what happened was i was on incapacity benefit from 2007 to2014, i was then canged to esa con based, iwas also on pip enhanced rate for care, from 2014 to oct 2018,when my pip was reviewed in feb 2018,and i had my f2f, i was sent out lettets to say i was now on income based esa, so my money had now gone up from 213 per fortnight to 360,due to my pip etc, i wd be getting sdp, which i was really pleased abt, prior to this happening i had wrote to dwpin November time asking  if my esa, group was correct i thought i shd be in income  group due to my personal circumstances,
    So when i got all the information in feb, i rang explaining i had wrote to them last yr, an was told yes ur case as been with decision maker sinse jan 2nd 2018,re sdp payment, from when u first went on to esa ftom incapacity  anyway, i was called bk asked questions, etc etc, an last week was told yes u r entitled to back pay, the decision maker has agreed, but will bedone clerically, u will get itin bank next week, which wd b this week, so i rang today to see if things were progressing, to b told, nothing on system, abt any payment been made to me, i just dont know wat to do, she said i will b called bk within 48 hrs,iam really  not getting any where with it, thanks for reading my post
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,364 Disability Gamechanger
    Calling is a waste of time. Put a complaint in writing and keep a copy. That said, they’re in total disarray at present over wrongly refusing period means-tested ESA over a long period and they’re being judicially reviewed over the start date for that. Your case could easily have mistakenly been lumped in with those.
Sign in or join us to comment.