DLA to PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

DLA to PIP help

chodhry Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am hat and depration patients I got  DLA  last few years in high rate now I apply pip that send me form need full form help with home visit in Tameside 


  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chodhry and welcome to the community. 
    It is difficult to help with filling in one of these forms on-line. It is better to get somebody local to help you. The following quote is from an information page at Scope.

    "Where can I get help filling out my PIP claim form?

    You can find a very helpful question-by-question guide to filling in your PIP claim form on the Citizens Advice website.

    Your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau should also be able to provide you with PIP advice and guidance on filling out the form.

    Check Scope’s Services Directory to see if there is a local information and advice service which can assist you with the form-filling.

    If you cannot complete the form in time call the PIP claim line as soon as possible and ask for an extension."

    I hope this helps. Others will, I am sure, respond to your post soon.

    Warmest best wishes to you

    Richard @JennysDad

  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chodhry
    Welcome to the community, the CAB guide to filling in your PIP form that @JennysDad suggested is great and has really helped so many of our members.

    We also have this video about preparing for a  PIP assessment that might help

    So many members have been in your position so do have a look around the community and join in.  If you use the search facility at the top of the page to look for PIP forms or PIP assessments you will find tons of posts from our members on these subjects.

    Best of luck and let us know if you have any questions and we can try to help :)
    Senior online community officer
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Member Posts: 25 Connected
    The above sites are usually great but I feel I need to advise you, and anyone else out there PLEASE make sure you have someone with you during Your assessment, pehaps if possible, and with permission taking notes! As with my case and quite a few people I know have had their words twisted/used against them especially if like myself you have memory problems. God bless


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.