If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Other benefits

angie6663angie6663 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
i work 65 hrs a month and disabled, unfortunately I’m not fit enough to work full time, I’ve applied for PIP and will be shortly coming to the end of my 16 wk wait, I just wondered if I get PIP is there anything else i am entitled to as I live on my own am 55 years old with bills to pay, have worked all my life since 16


  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi angie

    A very warm welcome.

    Sorry to learn of your difficulties with working.

    You are correct in your assumption, that if you get PIP, you might be entitled to get other benefits.

    You need to wait till your are informed what actual award you have been given.

    Then I suggest, you make an appointment with a welfare rights worker, say via your local CAB.

    They would go through all your personal circumstances, before advising on what you might be able to claim.

    It becomes complex, as there are a number of factors to consider.

    Keep us informed.

    Best wishes

  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angie6663, welcome to the community!

    Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for. If you are awarded PIP, you may be entitled to this extra money and help. You can also use the online benefits calculator to see if there are any other benefits you're entitled to. Hope this helps!
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    If you only work 16 hours a week I would have thought you were on a low income and therefore could claim housing benefit if you rent or a council tax reduction? 
    Or some sort of esa top up? 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
Sign in or join us to comment.