Other benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Other benefits

angie6663
angie6663 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i work 65 hrs a month and disabled, unfortunately I’m not fit enough to work full time, I’ve applied for PIP and will be shortly coming to the end of my 16 wk wait, I just wondered if I get PIP is there anything else i am entitled to as I live on my own am 55 years old with bills to pay, have worked all my life since 16

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi angie

A very warm welcome.

Sorry to learn of your difficulties with working.

You are correct in your assumption, that if you get PIP, you might be entitled to get other benefits.

You need to wait till your are informed what actual award you have been given.

Then I suggest, you make an appointment with a welfare rights worker, say via your local CAB.

They would go through all your personal circumstances, before advising on what you might be able to claim.

It becomes complex, as there are a number of factors to consider.

Keep us informed.

Best wishes

atlas46
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angie6663, welcome to the community!

Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for. If you are awarded PIP, you may be entitled to this extra money and help. You can also use the online benefits calculator to see if there are any other benefits you're entitled to. Hope this helps!
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    If you only work 16 hours a week I would have thought you were on a low income and therefore could claim housing benefit if you rent or a council tax reduction? 
    Or some sort of esa top up? 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.