Too ill to attend HA, sick note? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Too ill to attend HA, sick note?

SussexRebel
SussexRebel Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I feel so ill I have a H A tomorrow.
Anxieties can't leave my home.
Will a sick note cover non attendance?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Sorry @SussexRebel, I'm afraid I don't have the answer to your question.
    Very best wishes to you
    Richard @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SussexRebel
    Can you get in touch with them and explain? Is a home assessment an option?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @SussexRebel - I just wanted to apologise for the abruptness of my post. I don't know whether the glitch was mental or computer, but there clearly was a glitch of some kind.
    I hope very much that you're okay. Please keep us updated, and we will do anything we can to help.
    Here and listening,
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi @SussexRebel

I really feel for you!!There is nothing worse than having to go to a formal meeting when you're not well.

If you really really aren't well enough to go then a doctor's note may help with the 'good cause' you will have to show for failing to attend. However the DWP may query that if you can go out to see your own doctor then perhaps you could have seen theirs - just playing devil's advocate there.

If you decide not to go - please make all efforts you can to call the assessors BEFORE the appointment to re-schedule, call them as early as you can, and make sure the call is saved in your phone in case you need that information later.

Remember that you are going to have to be assessed by them eventually though, and the sooner you go the sooner it's over with. I would in general urge you to attend if at all possible. Waiting for a 'good day' may not be to your advantage, as you want to show them that you are ill - I do understand however that sometimes this is just not possible.

Very best of luck with it, and if there is anything more you need please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you attend?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.