Too ill to attend HA, sick note? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Too ill to attend HA, sick note?

SussexRebel
SussexRebel Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I feel so ill I have a H A tomorrow.
Anxieties can't leave my home.
Will a sick note cover non attendance?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Sorry @SussexRebel, I'm afraid I don't have the answer to your question.
    Very best wishes to you
    Richard @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SussexRebel
    Can you get in touch with them and explain? Is a home assessment an option?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @SussexRebel - I just wanted to apologise for the abruptness of my post. I don't know whether the glitch was mental or computer, but there clearly was a glitch of some kind.
    I hope very much that you're okay. Please keep us updated, and we will do anything we can to help.
    Here and listening,
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @SussexRebel

I really feel for you!!There is nothing worse than having to go to a formal meeting when you're not well.

If you really really aren't well enough to go then a doctor's note may help with the 'good cause' you will have to show for failing to attend. However the DWP may query that if you can go out to see your own doctor then perhaps you could have seen theirs - just playing devil's advocate there.

If you decide not to go - please make all efforts you can to call the assessors BEFORE the appointment to re-schedule, call them as early as you can, and make sure the call is saved in your phone in case you need that information later.

Remember that you are going to have to be assessed by them eventually though, and the sooner you go the sooner it's over with. I would in general urge you to attend if at all possible. Waiting for a 'good day' may not be to your advantage, as you want to show them that you are ill - I do understand however that sometimes this is just not possible.

Very best of luck with it, and if there is anything more you need please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you attend?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.