Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
What happens when I turn 65?
got my award 11 points for care 12 for mobility ...I have asked for a reconsideration and have got a letter of my gp there were numerous lies in the assesors report this is why I have asked for a mc if she had told the truth I would have been awarde enchanced rate living component ..I have only been awarde this for 2 yrs is this because I will be 65 then ..I cannot get better only worse my gp was disgusted with the report as the asseor said I could cook a meal ..I have limited use in my right arm she said I had 4/5 use my gp put it at 1/2 what happens when im 65 im asking for the award to be made longer
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.