Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps
    How are you doing today?
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Hello ,I’m not very well today but I’m taking it easy, I’ve the council coming round tomorrow to assess me to see how much care i need, I’m going to be on my own so I’m a little apprehensive to what their going to say. What do you think ? ? 
  • cripps
    cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    How do you handle these people? 
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    Be yourself, let them see you as you are how you cope from day to day, they will no doubt ask you how you do things. And maybe require you to demonstrate how you do things to give them a better idea on what help you need and what is available before making a firm offer of help.
  • cripps
    cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    I understand what you’re saying and maybe I’ll feel a little better in myself tomorrow, just can’t help feeling nervous. I’ve had careers in before but i wasn’t happy with them so i asked for a different company, can you keep changing careers until you’re happy and comfortable with them or is there a limit on how many times you can change them? I just want to feel right with careers that I’m having close contact with. NC
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you can change your carers . Perhaps say how you feel about getting the right carers upfront?
  • cripps
    cripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Thank you I’ll give it a go and see how they react. Thanks for your help. NC


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.