Refused PIP, General Assessment section is fictional — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP, General Assessment section is fictional

Paws
Paws Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Got my copy of my report today (I've also had to chase my decision, the man on the phone was able to tell me it's been refused. I've been refused and had to go to tribunal before..)

Everything she's written in the general bit is outright wrong, and based on that they've invalidated my entire claim. (Examples: ignored that I stated I was in discomfort doing those exercises and have written I showed 'sub-optimal effort', also ignored that I told them about being in contact with my counsellor and when asked the question about suicidal thoughts and the like I got distressed)

How on earth am I going to challenge this? 

Comments

• Paws
    Paws Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    At the moment I've drafted up something similar to:
    'I was not asked how I attended the assessment, it was assumed.'
    'I displayed discomfort several times.'
    'I did not engage with the assessor as claimed'

Need to redo as 'I am unable to' statements?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.