Treatment for a person from Romania? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Treatment for a person from Romania?

Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
I'm wanting advice for my partner. Really, he's suffering from chronic pain in the head. He is from Romania he did work but lost his job through this problem, the doctors has given him many kinds on antidepressant but he's no once complained about his mental health, anyway these have now affect his liver and mental health. I have got him medical insurance but because the GP has been too slow in treatment the insurance will not cover him for this problem for 2 years after he has been clear. I'm starting to get worried about brexit now because he's not working and he's now sick. I can't afford to send him back to Romania for treatment  As I don't earn enough. I just have no where to turn, I need advice on treatment where to go who can help us. 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hool74 Pleased to meet you welcome.  Sorry what you and your partner are experiencing.

    Thank you for sharing your story

    Have you seen our threads on dealing with chronic pain.  Also mental health.

    Understand the situation . I am sure one of the team will get in touch with you.

    Plus our community may have some solutions.

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Hool74
    Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks thespiceman I've been searching for help for 12 months now I don't know if he has high functioning autism, lyme disease, borderline personality disorder, I know he hasn't had the best start in life, 
  • steve51
    steve51 Member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hool74

    Good Afternoon & Welcome.

    It’s great to meet this afternoon.

    I’m very very sorry to hear about your partners current problems.

    I have also got “Chronic Pain” due to a Stroke & Brain Surgery’s.

    Please please let me know if there’s any help/support that I can offer you ???? 

    Many Thanks.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hool74 and a warm welcome to the community. Very sorry to read about your difficulties.
    This is not something we have heard a lot about yet, I think, but I'm sure we'll look into it for you and see what can be done.
    A quick online search brought be to an Independent newspaper article. Two things seem immediately to arise: one is how long has your partner been continuously resident in the UK, and the other is has he had CSI - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance - during any periods he has been out of employment?
    If you can let me have the answers to those questions it might help me take the enquiry a little further.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
  • Hool74
    Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi JennysDad,  first I don' k what CSI is other than the TV show. Adrian has lived with me since November 2016 registered on council tax and has national insurance number dice December 16. He' never claimed benefits as I earn too much I think, however this is why I've not tried to claim anything for him. I just Want a diagnosis for the poor soul, so I know how  him, but seem to not be getting any advice from GP how or what we need to do. I also need advice one where we Stan when brexit happens. I dread to think what will happen if he gets returned to Romania. He will be living on the street no doubt. 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hool74
    I made the same connection with CSI :smile:, but as it mentions in my reply CSI in this case refers to Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.
    My questions to you were based on a quick internet search. Overall, the question is too big for me to tackle it and I was hoping that your answers would help someone more specialist on our team to find answers for you.
    The Independent article is here:
    An explanation of what CSI is is here:
    Perhaps you could have a look at these?
    In the meantime I will do some research here and see if I can get recommendations for people/services that might best help you.
    Best wishes to you,

  • Hool74
    Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Yes I have him insurance, I pay for him each month, however because we saw the GP before I got the cover, he is not able to use it for his existing illness, it is the GP's fault for not explaining and just giving him more and more different meds from naproxi  for anti inflammatory, to propranolol for his nervos shakes and pregabalin for the nerve pain in his head. And a load more in between. There is no wonder his liver is now damaged. 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello again, @Hool74. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. If you can bear with us for a while I have referred your post to others who may have a better idea how to help.
    I hope they get back to you soon.
    Very best to you,
  • Hool74
    Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks JennysDad.... Much appreciate 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @Hool74, I'm so sorry to hear about what you and your partner are going through. If your current GP isn't providing the advice and care needed, would it be possible for you to see a different GP?
  • Hool74
    Hool74 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hello Lasian Scope, I did try to go to a different GP with Adrian, but they said because we were already registered in the village with a GP they couldn' t us. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.