Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip tribunal waiting time

jodietyersjodietyers Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in Disabled people
Hi, I'm new here so apologies if I'm doing this wrong!! I'm living in Gloucestershire (south west england) and am waiting for a tribunal date. I have waited 27 weeks so far. Does anyone know what the current waiting time is please? When I requested a tribunal back in October I was told the current wait then was approx 20 weeks! Many thanks

Replies

• markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Hi i live in the midlands and was told 23 weeks at the start of my appeal it ended up being 36 weeks if you ring the court they can usually tell you if you are getting nearer to the end.
  • gwen65gwen65 Member Posts: 16 Connected
    i rang cout tribunal for my son's court date was told 23 weeks from now we went to appeal in november last year its a total joke 

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Waiting time varies by area. The only thing you can do to obtain an accurate figure is ring your local HMCTS. Far from being “a joke” it’s a combination of HMCTS having a limited number of venues to lease; a reduction in the number of outdoor clerks; the availability of panel members (especially medical professionals) and the speed at which DWP can produce appeal papers Gwen overwhelmed with high numbers of appeals. 

Everybody has a solution but they often don’t know what the problem is.
  • blivesey4453blivesey4453 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi i m also new here, i live in Manchester and i had to wait 45 weeks.
    I had been waiting for ages so i rang them and they told me that i had only been waiting for 33 weeks and i had another twelve weeks to wait
    Do you have a representative? Plenty of those in Manchester albeit not a many as there used to be. The delay is a useful opportunity to get advice and representation. 
    Hi Mike, yes i did have a representative apparently he  is the only one who deals in the Manchester area now, but he is very good.
    My appeal date was 1st May he told me not to go because of health reasons and he was going to ask for it to be adjourned.
    The panel had read my papers before he went in, as soon has he went in they told him i should never have been taken off pip in the first place so i won my case.
    Today DWP rang me and said my money including backpay would be in my account in a few days
    The only one! Maybe for a specific organisation but not across Manchester. 
    He only deals with pip appeals and based at Manchester Town Hall
    Nope, there a whole team there.
    apparently there was but the council got rid of them i was told this by social services and the care and repair team that he was the only one
    I am happy to say that’s absolute nonsense. It’s a team of several members, all of whom are still there, and three of whom I am in regular contact with by email or in person. Indeed I’m waiting on an email back from one of them this week re: a meeting in June.
Sign in or join us to comment.