Hi, my name is murs! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is murs!

Options
murs
murs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi i have just been took off my pip i have c o p d i am also a self harmer by making myself sick daily i also soak myself in bleach i am also on antidepressants for depression as i have night mares finding my ex husband hanging in the shed i have also muscle waste in my left arm fungi nails i was on the middle rate for the above i am a waiting for the mental health to contact me concering my issues i hope you can help me as i need help 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @murs and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us. I can't really help with your enquiries but there are people here who can and I am going to put them in touch with you.
    Stay with us and stay safe, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @murs

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

I’m so very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

I would be more than happy in forwarding your post onto our team of “Advisors”

We have got both “Benefit & Mental Heath”

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo
    @RebeccaMHadvisor

Can you both help me with this post??

Many thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @murs

Welcome to the community, I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are facing, and I am sorry for you loss.

You can contact the Samaritans on 116 123 - they are there to listen without judgement and if you feel you need to speak to someone, they can really help.

There is some information on the MIND website about self harm, and they offer this information about keeping yourself safe:

If you don't feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help.
    • go to any hospital A&E department (sometimes known as the emergency department)
    • call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can't get to A&E
    • ask someone else to contact 999 for you or take you to A&E immediately
    If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, here are some other options for you to try:
    • contact the Samaritans on freephone 116 123, they're open 24 hours and are there to listen
    • contact your local crisis team
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.