RECIPE IDEAS - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

RECIPE IDEAS

Options
123457»

Comments

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    pork shoulder steaks in mushroom and white sauce

You will need, chopping board, casserole dish, knife, jug, pot, whisk

4 pork shoulder steaks, mushroom puree 4 tbsp, butter 50g, plain flour 50g, 500ml pork stock (1 stock cube made up in a jug) 6 mushrooms quartered can be bought frozen and sliced, 1 leek sliced in rounds ( can be bought frozen all ready cut)

melt your butter add in flour once mixed through slowly add in your pork stock mixing thoroughly (my friend uses mushroom soup instead of making a sauce)
    Place  your shoulder steaks into the casserole dish along with leeks and mushrooms, pour over the sauce pop in the oven at 180 or gas 6 for 30 minutes.

I am serving this with mash potatoes and asparagus, but you can serve with whatever veg you like, it goes well with a white wine.

Cost is approx £4.50
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • fishingmum
    Options
    My neighbour is going away on holiday and handed over half dozen apples ( and a variety of other things so not to go to waste) before she leaves. So this morning I am making an applie pie. (amongst all the other things I am cooking for the day thanks to my hoard of hungry kids lol)

You will need oven proof dish, knife, chopping board, jug, electric whisk (or hand whisk if you can manage) pot, pastry brush

2 sheets of short crust pastry ready rolled, 6 apples peeled, cored and sliced, 3-4 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 4 eggs, 250ml milk, 50g butter melted, 80g plain flour, 1 egg beaten for glaze, either caster sugar or icing sugar depending wether you want it to be dusted or sugared.

Take the first sheet of ready rolled pastry and put in your oven proof dish ensuring it comes up the sides.
    In the jug add in the eggs, milk, flour and melted butter and whisk up till smooth.
    On your pastry put on the sliced apples, pour over your mixture then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the lot. Top with second sheet of short crust pastry. brush over with a little egg and put in oven at 180 for approx 35-40. Put a knife in to make sure the apples can be easily cut through.
    Take out of oven and either sprinkle over with caster sugar or allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar.

OK so I am saying ready rolled pastry which I have looked on line for prices as I make my own, but I am aware that a lot of people struggle with some of these things, so hopefully this one will make it easier. The cost is approx £4.50 if buying ready rolled sheets.

This goes well with either ice cream, or custard, or if you are like  @thespiceman then it will be both :)
  • fishingmum
    Options
    I love soup, it is the kind of thing that is easy to make, filling and tastes amazing.
    Also growing veg makes it a cheap or free meal for me, for some reason free or cheap food tastes better, I think my inner bargain hunter has a say on my taste buds.

leek and potato soup

you will need 1 pot, chopping board, knife, whisk, jug

25g butter, 25 g plain flour, 6 large potatoes cubed, 2 leeks sliced, 2 pints vegetable stock ( or chicken if preferred) 1 tbsp chopped chives, 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, 150ml single cream a little salt and pepper to taste.

In the butter gently cook potatoes and leek for about 4 minutes (you might want to add a little extra if you think there is not enough for adding in the flour) add in the flour and mix till you have a paste with the potatoes and leeks, slowly add in your stock while whisking. Once the liquid is smooth add in your wholegrain mustard and bring to the boil. then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes till potato is breaking up add in your cream, chives salt and pepper continue to simmer for 2 minutes. It should be a nice rich thick and creamy leek and potato. Serve.

This goes well with any bread, I like having garlic bread with mine.

Cost for this is approx £1.50 and will easily serve 4 large portions. You can freeze this, but will last 3 days in the fridge.
  • Krevetka
    Krevetka Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hello everyone. I really love salmon and I always eat salmon with rice or sometimes with potato. Also I add a lot of spice! This dish really tasty! I took recipe how long to cook salmon here https://club.cooking/articles/how-long-to-cook-salmon/
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love salmon but also rainbow trout, it's pink as well yummy!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.