Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
I have been given a nice own door ground level flat and i am so pleased with it i have been indoors for yrs living with my black blind down and closed mostly lying down or reclined a have loads of health issues and suffer mega pain. Bend one time i'm in agony but there are times you have to do it, wish my washing machine and dryer wer half way up the wall. I also have limited mobility i cant get on my feet moving around the house for anymore than 3 to 5 min. If someone were to take me in wheelchair say to town( not happened in long time) i get very painful in wheelchair after about an hour. My neck and lumber pain is so painful. I also am most of the time far too drained out to even get washed and dressed. I have. ME. A lot of ppl dont believe in it but i have it anyway with loads more. I have to move to my lovely wee flat in 9 days and nothing is packed there are things i cant lift on my own to get at other things i have estranged family and no help from anywhere i asked about care and repair i was told no they wont help i dont have a clue where to get help or how i'm going to do this. You see all sorts of things saying help the disabled but none seem to give any help i need. Does anyone know where i could get help Scotland? Please?
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.