No help?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No help??

anonG
anonG Community member Posts: 28 Connected
I have been given a nice own door ground level flat and i am so pleased with it i have been indoors for yrs living with my black blind down and closed mostly lying down or reclined a have loads of health issues and suffer mega pain. Bend one time i'm in agony but there are times you have to do it, wish my washing machine and dryer wer half way up the wall. I also have limited mobility i cant get on my feet moving around the house for anymore than 3 to 5 min. If someone were to take me in wheelchair say to town( not happened in long time) i get very painful in wheelchair after about an hour. My neck and lumber pain is so painful. I also am most of the time far too drained out to even get washed and dressed. I have. ME. A lot of ppl dont believe in it but i have it anyway with loads more. I have to move to my lovely wee flat in 9 days and nothing is packed there are things i cant lift on my own to get at other things i have estranged family and no help from anywhere i asked about care and repair i was told no they wont help i dont have a clue where to get help or how i'm going to do this. You see all sorts of things saying help the disabled but none seem to give any help i need. Does anyone know where i could get help Scotland? Please? 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried welfare rights at the council or housing association ? Many have them now. Or citizens advice could direct you?
  • anonG
    We dont have CAB in this town now but ave spoke to an OT n she suggested removal men somehow a dont think they would be wanting in among things they dont know is to go here n others to go there that would be ok if they wanted just to lift the packed things but there not even packed everybody is hopeless. Honest no one knows of anyone who can help disabled to pack up i'm in major pain and breathless (copd) n (heart disease 3 types) and a heart attack into the bargin. Nope no help. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Same here in midlands no help for disabled people
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it council, housing association or something else? 
  • anonG
    I asked the OT they are all for people being able to live at home independently but doesn't know anything about any help. 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anonG actually the removal men could be a viable option, though it does come with costs.

The one I used were paid hourly but were more than happy to pack things for me and do everything for me. Though as I was moving from renting a bedroom and moving back to the family home there was not much to move. Also consider asking if they can unpack at the other end as well. In general though avoid the one man and his van set up, though these can be accomodating. 

If you have items going into storage or to another location this is going to be an issue for whover who is going to help you. If it is mainly larger items a list and location should help to sort this out. Or having someone come in and help to identify these prior to the day.

It may be helpful to speak to a local councillor or religious leader and explain your dillema. There are usually people in local communities who are more than happy to help someone who needs it, the problem is often matching the two up.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• anonG
    Thanks ive been onto council and social work theres no help for me

Brightness