Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I am just waiting to go to the local JobCentre for my first signing for JSA after being taken off ESA for being a Malingerer or Evasion as the Jobsworth Decision Maker put it as I had missed some Assessments due to ill health & cancelled a couple of others because the timings were unsuitable. I feel really awful. I have a cold & had heat exhaustion over the holiday because of the high temperatures. I have not received any benefit for a month. I have to go otherwise I will not get a payment. I received a small loan from the DWP at the beginning of last week but that went within a few minutes. My overdraft has an overdraft, a Direct Debit has bounced. I had an appointment with a CAB Advisor but I had to cancel it as I felt so rough. She has already told me I should be on ESA in the Support Group which I was until the DWP decided to harrass me by firstly getting me to apply for PIP when I had been on DLA for years & then refusing to give it to me purely based on a Assessment Report full of inaccuracies & I am waiting for a Personal Hearing at a Tribunal. They then decided to review my ESA and because of failure to attend for the silly reason of being ill they have stopped that. I have again had to apply to the Tribunal. I have been told the only benefit I can get is JSA. I feel really bad. I could not sleep last night because of a nightmare & Anxiety Attack. I had a job to eat breakfast & have been feeling anxious all morning about going. I just want to go back to bed with a couple of painkillers as I feel really rough.
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.