Summer sports camp for SEN children — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Summer sports camp for SEN children

Moclair25
Moclair25 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am thinking about setting up a potential 'Summer Sports Camp' in the Cambridgshire area for SEN children and was wondering if you could give me any direction into if it could be popular or not?

I would like to do this as I have 2 years experience coaching/ teaching in SEN schools and have really noticed the decline in behaviour (due too lack of any structure at home) during the holidays. I believe having a day or few during the holidays will really help these children keep to a small structure during the holiday hitting the new term well instead of coming in at the start of term and taking 2+ weeks to get back into the 'groove' of things.

The camp will include multi sports session ranging from basic catching skilled fun games too team sports like rounders.

I believe sport is the way forward for all children to build physical,social and mental skills.

Look forward to hearing from you and would love to answer any questions.

Thankyou

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.