Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
We need some support
I gave up working about 3yrs ago to look after my daughter and granddaughter ,sadly my daughter passed away last October and my granddaughter , after her death we found out that our daughter had a rare connective tissue disorder as do I and my granddaughter , my other 2 adult children are awaiting results , Its a daily struggle to keep everyone well and gradually you cant help but let things like house work and personal care slip just to do the important stuff , I realise I am now the one that needs the help to be able to give the help if that makes sense , my granddaughter is a big part of our lives and we help her dad to manage her care so that would be cruel on her after loosing her mum to change this I am trying to find out if we are entitled to any help for her or myself we have loeys dietz and need a lot of daily support to cook clean and dress and that support comes from my husband who is trying to work but nearing retirement and has health issues himself from trying to care and provide for us all , any advice would be appreceated
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.