Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Can I stop work to care for my daughter?
hi im currently off sick due to depression and compassion fatigue due the effects of adopting a 7 year old little girl 17 months ago. We receive DLA and my partner gets carers allowance. I also have a rare brain condition called chari type 1. My daughter does not sleep and wakes every hour through the night screaming due abuse and trauma. Im on the sick due to the effects this is having on myself and the effect of my condition. im wanting to give work up and devote my time to my daughter. I have been advised we could claim ESA, but there are two parts. What are the chances of me being able to claim the part wherr I won't be exoected to job b search. I have applied for PIP and have my face to face interview at my home 17th May. Which is another question I have why is at in my home and not an office based interview. thank you for any advice. x
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.