What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Contribution Based ESA & PIP benefits

NMohNMoh Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi All, my Mum and other family members have been stopping with me after I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. I'm not able to do much for myself and my 3 year old. My husband works away all the time. I've recently quit work. I'm thinking of moving in with my parents (who live 70 miles away) and putting my house on rent for the time being. I'm receiving  Contribution Based ESA & PIP benefits. I am in the support group for ESA. Will my ESA or PIP stop if I move in with my parents? Hope someone can shed light on this matter. Thanks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Moving in with your parents won't affect either of these benefits. However, i would advice your parents to put their details into a benefits calculator because you moving in with them could affect the benefits they claim, if any.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • NMohNMoh Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your advice Poppy123456
  • BexaBexa Member Posts: 5 Listener
    If placed directly into the support group at the start of your ESA Claim you will continue to be paid Contribution Based ESA, unaffected by savings or other household members  circumstances  
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,931 Disability Gamechanger
    There’s no need for a benefit calculation in this scenario. Your ESA and PIP would not impact any benefits your parents receive at all.
Sign in or join us to comment.