Contribution Based ESA & PIP benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contribution Based ESA & PIP benefits

Options
NMoh
NMoh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi All, my Mum and other family members have been stopping with me after I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. I'm not able to do much for myself and my 3 year old. My husband works away all the time. I've recently quit work. I'm thinking of moving in with my parents (who live 70 miles away) and putting my house on rent for the time being. I'm receiving  Contribution Based ESA & PIP benefits. I am in the support group for ESA. Will my ESA or PIP stop if I move in with my parents? Hope someone can shed light on this matter. Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Moving in with your parents won't affect either of these benefits. However, i would advice your parents to put their details into a benefits calculator because you moving in with them could affect the benefits they claim, if any.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NMoh
    NMoh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your advice Poppy123456
  • Bexa
    Bexa Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    If placed directly into the support group at the start of your ESA Claim you will continue to be paid Contribution Based ESA, unaffected by savings or other household members  circumstances  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.