If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Change of Address/switch from parent carer to myself controlling funds impact on PIP?

EstravenEstraven Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello. I've got the possibility of being able to move to student accommodation next to my new university where I will be doing a research masters. It would be much better for my health than commuting over two hours each day I'm in.  I get the high care and mobility rate of PIP due to both physical chronic illnesses, mental illnesses and developmental conditions like ASD. One of my parents has received my PIP(Previously DLA) on behalf of me since I first received it at about 13. If I was to move out and then consequently need to take control of it myself could i potentially lose my PIP?I would be unable to pay for anything besides my flat rent if I lost it and consequently couldn't move out. I get ESA right now ,but that will stop when I start university. Really unsure how and if I can move out if this happens. 
Sign in or join us to comment.