Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


I am claiming esa I would like my partner to move in with me but because he works I'm worried that I would lose my esa 


  • RipplesRipples Member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Are you claiming  contribution based ESA or  IR ESA?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're claiming Income related ESA then you're partner moving in would affect this. If you're claiming Contribution based ESA then your partner moving in wouldnt affect this. If you're not sure which one you're claiming then it will tell you on a recent award letter, or you can ring DWP and ask.

    Any housing benefit and council tax reduction could be affected too.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • janice_in_wonderlandjanice_in_wonderland Member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @kiki
    Would your partner be moving in as a carer? 
Sign in or join us to comment.