Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello everyone am new to this. Am really just enquiring if I can appeal a pip desision. I did get turned down after assessmnt which was really humiliatng. But was told by my doctor to do a MR. Which have just been informed I did get which is £22 a week am finding it all confusing and so stressful. I am a support worker and at to leave work due to an injury in work labreal tear in hip that was last August my injury happend in the February last year 2017 but thought it was a groin strain was told by doctor so carried on working 12hour shifts and do alot of walking, to the point I couldn't walk no more then was diagnosed with labreal tear and osteoarthritis of the hip. Have been in so much pain and find it very difficult to walk so now use an aid but really don' go out much. I have been told by my surgeon I will need a full hip replacement. Am 48. I have also been diagnosed with large fibroid and cysts on my ovaries am bleeding really bad and in constant pain and been referred to a gynocoligist, who have basically said will most probably need a full hysterectomy. Am so sorry this is long winded just don't no who to talk to or to get advice of. I also went for ESA assessment and waiting on there decison. I want nothing more than to get back into work but I am just a mess with everthing at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated thankyou. Catherine.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 841 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.