Failed tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Failed tribunal

CHELSEA123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
had tribunal 30 may received letter zero points on all. This has been ongoing since December 2016 when I notified my illness had gotten worse. They removed everything and have been fighting since. My doctor wrote a letter about my illness depression FIBROMYALGIA chronic asthma  but all the judge was interested in was accidents I had in 2010 car accident and if it had been settled. Not once did they ask how far I could walk even though I use a stick too. To say my depression has plummeted to an all time low still does not describe how I am feeling. I don't know what to do where to turn :((


  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, it's always a risk reporting your condition has got worse as assessors take this as an opportunity to decide your condition has got better.

    Did you ask tribunal for a statement of reasons?

    Are you going to make a new application?

  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    edited June 2018
    A new claim now when the Tribunal gave their verdict of no points a few days ago?

    What do you think that the DWP will do? They will almost certainly use that verdict in their decision making on the new claim.
    However it may well be the case that some difficulties have arisen that the Tribunal would not have been able to consider? 
  • CHELSEA123
    CHELSEA123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am going to ask for a statement of reasons I just can't understand why my accident in 2010 took priority over my health .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,583 Disability Gamechanger
    To appeal to the Upper Tribunal there must be an error of law made in making the decision. You'll need to find someone that specializes in doing this. It's rare and extremely difficult to find an error of law.

    You could start another claim but as you've only just lost your Tribunal then a decision may not go in your favour again.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.