PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Failed tribunal

CHELSEA123CHELSEA123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
had tribunal 30 may received letter zero points on all. This has been ongoing since December 2016 when I notified my illness had gotten worse. They removed everything and have been fighting since. My doctor wrote a letter about my illness depression FIBROMYALGIA chronic asthma  but all the judge was interested in was accidents I had in 2010 car accident and if it had been settled. Not once did they ask how far I could walk even though I use a stick too. To say my depression has plummeted to an all time low still does not describe how I am feeling. I don't know what to do where to turn :((

Replies

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, it's always a risk reporting your condition has got worse as assessors take this as an opportunity to decide your condition has got better.

Did you ask tribunal for a statement of reasons?

Are you going to make a new application?

• YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited June 2018
    A new claim now when the Tribunal gave their verdict of no points a few days ago?

What do you think that the DWP will do? They will almost certainly use that verdict in their decision making on the new claim.
    However it may well be the case that some difficulties have arisen that the Tribunal would not have been able to consider? 
  • CHELSEA123CHELSEA123 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am going to ask for a statement of reasons I just can't understand why my accident in 2010 took priority over my health .
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    To appeal to the Upper Tribunal there must be an error of law made in making the decision. You'll need to find someone that specializes in doing this. It's rare and extremely difficult to find an error of law.

You could start another claim but as you've only just lost your Tribunal then a decision may not go in your favour again.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.