Failed tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Failed tribunal

Options
CHELSEA123
CHELSEA123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
had tribunal 30 may received letter zero points on all. This has been ongoing since December 2016 when I notified my illness had gotten worse. They removed everything and have been fighting since. My doctor wrote a letter about my illness depression FIBROMYALGIA chronic asthma  but all the judge was interested in was accidents I had in 2010 car accident and if it had been settled. Not once did they ask how far I could walk even though I use a stick too. To say my depression has plummeted to an all time low still does not describe how I am feeling. I don't know what to do where to turn :((

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's always a risk reporting your condition has got worse as assessors take this as an opportunity to decide your condition has got better.

Did you ask tribunal for a statement of reasons?

Are you going to make a new application?

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    A new claim now when the Tribunal gave their verdict of no points a few days ago?

What do you think that the DWP will do? They will almost certainly use that verdict in their decision making on the new claim.
    However it may well be the case that some difficulties have arisen that the Tribunal would not have been able to consider? 
  • CHELSEA123
    CHELSEA123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I am going to ask for a statement of reasons I just can't understand why my accident in 2010 took priority over my health .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To appeal to the Upper Tribunal there must be an error of law made in making the decision. You'll need to find someone that specializes in doing this. It's rare and extremely difficult to find an error of law.

You could start another claim but as you've only just lost your Tribunal then a decision may not go in your favour again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.