PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Current PIP award and doing a MR

sinead92sinead92 Member Posts: 7 Listener
I have been recently awarded standard care for PIP, even though i should of also been awarded enhanced Mobility due to not being able to go out on my own. i also was 2 points of enhanced care, and all because assessor wrote about toilet aids i use but failed to put it on descriptor. 

I am thinking of putting a MR in but i do have have concerns about current award and the payments i am yet to receive. if i try and appeal my award and they look at it again, will i lose all current payment. or will they continue to pay at standard rate while i appeal

Replies

• lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    They look at the whole award again.
    i asked for an MR for only daily and wrote all the reasons why I thought the award was wrong.
    however I was 99% certain that my enhanced mobility  was strong.
    the MR was made in my favour and the mobility did stay as it was.
    im afraid you have to weigh up the situation that you are in and would it affect you much financially if it was reduced.
    if you strongly disagree with the decision like I was, then go for it.
    but caution is needed
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    You will continue to receive your current award until outcome of MR.  Whatever MR awards you, you will continue to receive this until outcome of appeal hearing if you decide to appeal.
Sign in or join us to comment.